Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring Mantle and Ralph Alert.......

I thought that I would give you a peek at my spring mantle since I will soon be changing it out for summer.
  First, I put up one of my favorite old windows that I found in an alley and then layered a wood piece that one of the dealers in our store had brought in and was selling for $5.00.  It did not look like this when I got it and of course, I forgot to take a before photo so I  flipped it over to the back so you can get an idea of what it looked like before I painted it.  I finished it off with some of my favorite silver trophies, old books and some mercury candlesticks that I got on sale at Marshall's for $10.00 each and a white wreath.

This is my Spring Mantle.  The arched shutter was raw wood when I got it, this is it after it was painted, the photo below will give you a idea of what it looked like in it's "before" state.


I forgot to take a photo of the shutter before I painted it so I just flipped it over to give you a idea of what it looked like.


This is what it looked like after.


Finished Mantle!

I'm partying at




Ralph Alert!!!!


For those of you who love Ralph, on Wednesday, Oprah will doing  a whole hour on him, his family and.
best of all, on his RANCH in WYOMING!!!

Till next time.....
Rebecca


13 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love the look you have here...that $5 wood piece looks outstanding!

Blessings,
Linda

Ironstone and Pine said...

HI Rebecca! hope Florida was fun! Thanks for stopping by the blog, need to check out the Ralph alert, my sister in law modeled for him for years, that was a long time ago but he's great isn't he? Love his western stuff! Later! ~devon

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

I'm loving it just the way it is girl, but I know the summer one will be beautiful too. Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip on Ralph! I ♥♥♥ him!

Maria
Linen & Verbena

Julie said...

Great Mantle. The $5 price on the wooden (shutter?) arched piece was awesome!!! Love it. Thanks for sharing the new look at White Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Love it! The shutter inspired piece really brings the look together. I can totally see you being able to change the look for the different holidays just by adding a few accessories.

ETT RÖTT MONOGRAM said...

So nice decoration, you have good taste. Have seen pictures from RLs ranch, an incredibly beautiful pool and barn.
Have a happy weekend
Hugs
AnnaMaria

Debbiedoos said...

WOW..that is pretty cool! You are very talented to think outside the box like this. Thanks for sharing with the summer kick off blog party series.

Anonymous said...

lovely,, what a beautiful piece

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love how you did your mantel. The arch is fantastic.

Dee
Your new follower

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Oh how I love your mantel!! I would love for you to link up tomorrow to "It's a Party"!
www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

Okio B Designs said...

What a beautiful vignette! Coming over from Common Ground and your newest follower!

Jeanine

JudyBug said...

Beautiful look!