Thursday, October 18, 2012

October Overload....


I haven't posted for a while cuz things here have been a bit crazy!  First, I spent a week and a half with my best friend at her house in Lexington Ky, where she teaches at Eastern KY U.  I don't know why but I didn't take any pics of her lovely townhouse on the golf course, will save that for next time.  While she taught for 2 days, I had a lot of fun getting her fall decorations out and up.  From there we went to her main home in Statesboro, Ga. for the rest of the week.  (She has a 5yr teaching contract in KY then she'll go back to her home in GA).  In Statesboro, we worked on getting things ready for her daughter's wedding  on November 10th.  It's  going to be outside on one of the beautiful squares in Savannah at 4 in the afternoon, keep your fingers crossed for beautiful weather!   Saturday we spent in Savannah, getting Lauryn ready for and taking her bridal portrait.  OMG, talk about gorgeous, she was beautiful in her gown!  Here's a little peek, more after the wedding!









I was home from there for 3 days and then my BF,  Marsha and her husband, Dennis from CA arrived  to visit for a week.   How often do your visitors bring their own house to stay in while they're visiting?  Well, mine do!  They have a really cool trailer that they back in my driveway and they're set with all the comforts of home, well, almost!  




They are retired and spend the whole summer traveling and have come by here for the past 2 years. she and I have been best friends since the 7th grade.  Needless to say, we have a lot of crazy history!  Luckily for me, they love to do the same things I do, junking and eating!!  This year one of the stops we made was to the new shop Mike Wolf opened up here in Nashville, if you don't know him, (I can't imagine), he's from the show, American Pickers.  It was pretty amazing.   Here's a couple of photos, will do a post with more later.








The weekend after they left, I was on my way to Dartmouth College in Hanover New Hampshire  to meet up with my sister from CA to visit my niece who is a senior there.  We flew into Boston and then drove the 2hrs to Hanover.   It was perfect fall weather, sunny, clear and crisp.  The leaves were changing and it was absolutely gorgeous, so beautiful it takes your breath away!  I changed purses at the last minute and and of all the stupid things, left my camera in the one I didn't take!  I don't have any of the photos I took on her camera till she uploads them  but here is one of the college and one of downtown from the web.  Once I get the photos from her, I'll do a post.

Dartmouth College






I got back home Tuesday night, just in time to celebrate Kate's 21st birthday on Wednesday.
she, I and her brother, Aaron, went to our favorite mexican restaurant for lunch and  I bought her her 1st  "legal" drink, of course, it was a margarita.  (This is not the norm, I don't encourage my kids to drink, but since this was a special occasion so I indulged her).




(When they know it's your birthday, they make you wear the "hat" while they sing happy birthday and give you dessert)  



Here she is with Josh, ending the day at my house with birthday cupcakes



Well, that was my crazy, busy month so far, now I can settle down and get back in the routine of being home.  I just got my Halloween mantle done and decorations up, will be showing you that soon!


Till next time.......
Rebecca

Will be partying this week at:
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 








21 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Wow, you have been busy! What nice-looking kids you have!

Olive said...

My goodness we must tie a bell on you to keep up with you. We live just north of Statesboro. Joe owned a house in Savannah when we got married. You have been in our parts.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You've been a travelin' gal! Gorgeous photos of the bride-to-be and the newest legal adult in your family!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Hi Rebecca~
My son Casey's birthday was yesterday, too. He was 23.
Happy Birthday, Kate! Hope you enjoyed your hat wearing, margarita drinking, birthday party!
Glad to have you back home,R~ looking forward to your to traveling tales. :)
xo, Tina

Jen said...

Such wonderful adventures you've been having with your friends and family!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

you have been busy...I would love to go to that shop :) Thanks for the visit and the sweet comment! Have a great weekend! Laurel

It's Just Dottie said...

Oh ! What a busy girl you have been!!
Smiles/ Dottie

Susy said...

All your busyness sounds like it was special time with special people. I bet Mike's shop is fabulous!

debra said...

What a fun post to read of all your travels and the birthday celebration. Your children are lovely! :)

Susan Freeman said...

I love Hanover and Dartmouth. My husband went to pre pre-prep at Cardigan Mountain School nearby in Canaan. The last time we went up there to visit we drove over to Hanover. Delightful! I am your newest follower.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sandy said...

Wow! You've been busy! I have never been to New Hampshire. Can't wait to see the pics you took. Savannah GA is one of my favorite places. Your daughter and the bridal photos are gorgeous.

Diane said...

Busy, busy! Nice photos!

Claudia said...

You have had a busy time lately - but it sounds like great fun!

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia

outjunking said...

I am just worn out and I only read about all the excitement. Sounds like just so much fun you have been having.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

What a busy schedule you've had. So glad you could join Simple & Sweet Fridays with all your great adventures and your lovely daughter's birthday.

Jody

Anonymous said...

You have been busy, like always!! Happy belated birthday to Kate!! 21 seems so long ago now! :o/

A wedding in Savannah will be gorgeous!! I hope you take pictures of that!

And what your friends do taking the camper around all summer sounds exactly like something I want to do! How much fun would that be?!?

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Whew! Just... whew! I'm pooped just reading that. And here I thought I'd been busy on the go. Ha! Can't even begin to compare. LOL

Unknown said...

You really do have a lot going on! Thanks for coming to party with us at Whimsy Wednesday!

Kelly,
Smart! School {House}
www.smartschoolhouse.com

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Rebecca you really have been busy. Love the bridals! Great to have your friend come and stay. I have a dear friend since 6th grade. We too have so much fun together. Luckily she lives just 10 min. away. We love junkin together. Thanks for sharing with SYC. Cute, cute kids!
Hugs,
Jann

Best medication overnight delivery in usa said...

Adderall 30 MG is a sort of medication which is shaped by consolidating and dextroamphetamine. These two parts fill in as essential energizers of a sensory system. Also, these energizers sway on mind synthetic substances and nerves to control motivation and hyperactivity. The medication is fundamentally used to fix narcolepsy and hyperactivity issue (ADHD).
https://storeonline247.com/
https://www.healthshopcare.com/

Order Oxycontin online said...

You can get 41% Cashback on your first order opana 40mg online.This medicine has a spot with a class of prescriptions which are known as extensive acting opiate or sedative analgesics. People Order Opana online to get facilitated from the exacerbation effectively.
order opana 40mg online
Purchase opana 40mg online
buy opana 40mg online