Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Mantle....2012

I can't believe Halloween's almost here!  I added a  lot more to my mantle this year then I have in the past and am pretty happy with the way it's turned out.  Most of the things I've used, as usual, are thrifty finds from yard sales and thrift stores to sale items from some of my favorite stores.  




I added feathers and pine cones to the garland  I got at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago
on sale.   The 2 bundles of sticks - $2.00 each at a yard sale 2 weeks ago
 


Window - $5.00 / witch print on wood - $6.50 from our old store. 
It's signed and dated 2005




Pumpkin man - sale at Marshall's,  $5.99



Crows - $1.00 each at the Dollar Store last year
Skulls - 50 cents last year at Kroger after Halloween
 

 
Pumpkin lady - on sale at Marshall's last year - $7.99
 



This cool Halloween banner was given to me by my BF, Wanda
for my birthday a couple of years ago


                                                                 
                                                                        



Cat garland - a few years ago on sale at Hobby Lobby




At the last minute, I added my vintage pumpkin man in front of the  picket fence
He is from the Good Will a couple of years ago.  We used him for decoration
in our store, where everyone wanted to buy him but I couldn't part with him
The kids thought he was scary but I think he's more cute then scary




 
Well, that's my Halloween mantle for this year.
Next and soon, I'll be showing you Halloween around the house!
Got to hurry, it's almost time to put Halloween away and get out TK!

Till next time......
Rebecca
This week I'm parting at:
Thursday
The Brambleberry Cottage
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
From My Front Porch to Yours
The Charm of Home
36th Avenue
Between Naps on the Porch
The Vintage Farmhouse
www.delightfulorder.blogspot.com
Katherines Corner
Friday
2805
Chic On a Shoestring
Blissful and Domestic
Liz Marie Blog
Bacon Time With the Hungry Hypo
My Turn
Rooted in Thyme
Stuff and Nonsense
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home
At the Picket Fence
Jennifer Rizzo
The Thrifty Groove
Finding Fabulous
Common Ground
The Grant Life
Monday
Alderberry Hill
Boogieboard Cottage
You Are Talking Too Much
The Dedicated House
Tuesday
Coastal Charm
Knick of Time
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Our Delightful Home
A Bowl Full of Lemons
The Thrifty Home
Elizabeth and Co
Cozy Little House
House on the Way
In The Old Road
Kathy With an E
Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style
Primp
Very Merry Vintage Style
Ivy and Elephants
Momma Hens Coop
Mrs Hines Class
The Thrifty Home
Free Pretty Things
Beyond the Picket Fence
Tina's Wordless Wednesday
No Minimalist Here
The NY Melrose Family
Lavender Garden Cottage
Southern Lovely
Vintage on a Dime



 

27 comments:

Unknown said...

You're mantle looks GREAT! I especially love the garland and the witch/window. I pulled out my Fall decorations last week, but compared to yours I need to do some adding to mine....to make it look the way I want it to. :) Happy Fall Ya'll from Houston, TX

Jen said...

What fun! I always enjoy your mantles--wonderful colors, composition and always a touch of whimsy.

All That Glitters said...

Your mantle looks amazing!! I really love your wooden witch picture! I love it!

outjunking said...

That is the best mantle yet! I just love the flow color and the height of those sticks. I like that is full with out being over crowed. The mantle is always the hardest for me either I do it to skimpy or not enough.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your mantel looks so fun and festive! I love the painted witch flying above it all.

Casa Très Chic said...

What a fun party!
Logo the decorations and its colors.
Xo
Tereza

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

It all looks so great. The witch is very vintage-y looking and the crows add a great touch too.

ETT RÖTT MONOGRAM said...

Great inspirations for halloween, i like it all. Your black birds is the finishing touch.
Have a happy halloween
Hugs
AnnaMaria

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Looking great! I saw those Dollar Store birds last year and now I wish I had gotten them. Stop by and enter my Novica giveaway when you get a chance. It's a $50 gift card!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Great mantle! Isn't the dollar store the best? Love that flying witch.

Debbie

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Your mantel is just perfect for the holiday!!


Jody

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Great mantle and I am in love with the Pumpkin Man!! Wonderful witch too! :)

Unknown said...

Really great job on your mantle - it looks just perfect!
I love how you give all your thrifty prices (how do you remember all that?!).
LOVE pumpkin man :D

chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alaina said...

Your mantel looks amazing. I love all the color.

Paula said...

Great job!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Very nicely done! I love the witch piece! Great bargains! I can see why everyone wanted to be the little pumpkin statue guy! Cute!

Gina said...

Your Halloween mantel looks wonderful! The witch print is fabulous...I love it!

awal.ny said...

Your mantel looks spooktacular.

The Charm of Home said...

Super cute! Love the witch on the window frame.
Sherry

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun, I love the witch, jack-0-lanterns and the fence. How fun and so clever. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Diann said...

Your mantle is so adorable! It really looks wonderful. Love that picket fence. Thank you for sharing at TTF!

Anonymous said...

This looks so great!

I am your newest follower. I would love for you to follow me back and share this post at my Flaunt It Friday link party.
http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/11/flaunt-it-friday-19.html

Can't wait to see more posts!
Sarah@
www.blissfulbucketlist.com

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I came over from A Stroll Thru Life to see this mantel. I love it! That witch sign is fabulous, and I love the window on your mantel. Well done! laurie

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

This is the cutest mantel I have ever seen! I LOVE that banner! Y ou really lucked up on the with painting-it is fantastic.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Rebecca, I love your mantel! It all came together fabulously. Love the pumpkin head guy on the hearth. Thanks so much for sharing it with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann

Lisa said...

I love that witch.