Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Unexpected....

I was very excited to come home from my weekend trip and find something that I never really thought I would see!
Sheri, from the lovely blog, The Simasek-Kibler Project, (thesimasek-kiblerproject.blogspot.com),  was gracious enough to award me with the Stylish Blogger Award! 


I'm very honored that when deciding who she was going to give this to, she thought of me!
Thanks so much Sheri!

Now, I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself you might not know.

1.  One of my very favorite places to go when I visit my family in Southern CA is Disneyland and when my sister and I go, we always close it down!

2.  I love action and thriller movies. Arnold, Steven, Bruce, Will Smith etc., I watch them over and over!   Some of my very favorites are, True Lies with the Arnold, Taken, with Liam Neesom, Enemy of the State and I Robot with Will Smith, just to name a few. 

3.  I've been riding horses since I was 16 and always wanted to prepare and enter endurance races through the mountains with my half Arab gelding but never did.

4,  I love everything about the beach except swimming.  For that, I am a die hard pool person.  Nothing better then laying on a float with a cool drink in hand and knowing there is NOTHING BENEATH you!

5.  I am in love with classic cars from the 60's and someday would love to own one or two or........... 

6.  I am originally from the O.C., yeah, Orange County, California, it wasn't famous back then!  I lived there most of my life till in my early 30's when I moved to Charlotte, North Carolina, and have loved and lived in the south ever since except for a short 3 year stint in Greenbay WI. (Loved it there also, and. no, not everyone there wears a cheese head hat)!

7.  This may date me, and it was probably before most of you guys time, but I was on the T.V. show,
The Dating Game. I got to ask the questions, goofy as they were, picked bachelor #1 and went on a date to the famous, at the time, restaurant, in Hollywood, The Coconut Grove and saw Eddie Fisher.  You do know who that is right?  (Married to Debbie Reynolds, stolen by and married to Elizabeth Taylor, Princess Laya's father)?

Next, I am supposed to pass the award forward to 7 new blogs I have found and love to follow and link to them.  The only problem with that is, I am very computer challenged, lucky to just be able to blog, so I will give you their names and their blog address and you will have to type them in but, I promise you, they are worth going to visit! They are all wonderful, inspiring, and lots of fun!  So, here goes!

Please visit:

Emily at  Senseless Sophistication  (http://www.senselesssophistication.blogspot.com/)
Heather at  Love and Life at Leadora  (http://www.loveandlifeatleadora.blogspot.com/)
Kim at  Chattafabulous  (http://www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com/)
Michelle and crew at All That Jazz Vintage (http://www.allthatjazzvintage.blogspot.com/)
Renee at  Sharps Farm  (http://www.sharpsfarm.blogspot.com/)
Ginger at  A Prairie Girl Farm  (http://www.aprairiegirlfarm.blogspot.com/)

I know it's a pain to not be able to just click on them and go, but I do hope you will visit each and every one of them!
The rules of the award are that you have to thank the person who gave it to you, and link back to them, share 7 things about yourself that we might not know and then pass the award on to 7 new blogs that you have found and love and then let each of them know you have given them the award.

Till next time,
Rebeca

5 comments:

ETT RÖTT MONOGRAM said...

Congratulations to your award, it was interesting to read your list.
Fun and get to know you better.
Hope you have a sunny nice day
Hugs
AnnaMaria

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Really, the O.C.? I never would have guess this! Thanks for thinking of my for the blog award - so sweet!

Heather said...

What an honor! Thank you for the award! It was fun reading 7 things about you!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me! It really is an honor!! I love reading your blog and it was so nice to get to know you better!

All That Jazz said...

Rebecca, thanks so much for the award! I am sorry it took me so long to get over here! I've been watching a friend's dog and fighting a migraine all week. I didn't know we had something in common~ I'm a horse person, too! I've owned a half Arab (when I was a kid) but now I have a teenage Appy gelding I mostly trail ride. I LOVE horses!
Thanks for the sweet award and I will work on getting my "7 things" posted next week! ;-)
~xo/michelle~