Monday, August 25, 2014

California Trip - Camps and Cottages

I know I've been MIA but life has kept me pretty busy for the last few months.  In January I spent 2 weeks with my family in Orange County CA.  One of the things we did was take a drive down the coast to Laguna Beach, one of my favorite places.  My main goal was to visit a shop called Camps and Cottages.  I'd seen it years ago in Country Home magazine and just lately there was a spread in the 2013 Autumn Cottage magazine on her home in Carmel CA.  My sister, 2 nieces and I were lucky enough to pick a day when the owner, Molly Hyde English was there.  We chatted for a bit and she was very sweet and gracious enough to allow me to take photos for my blog.  She has a lot of wonderful things, and if I hadn't been flying home, my car would have been loaded down!  She's also written 2 books which can be purchased on Amazon, Camps and Cottages and Vintage Cottages.  She had copies of her 2nd book, Vintage Cottages which I bought and she kindly signed.  My nieces and I each bought one of the fabulous vintage flannel shirts she sells. They are so soft and smell amazing because of a secret process that her vender puts them through. If you are ever in the area, it's a shop well worth visiting!  Click to visit them on line, Camps and Cottages.

 Now for the photos!
 
 
 
 
 
 






 

 
 


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed your tour of this fabulous shop!
Will have more on my trip and a tour of another wonderful place,
Roger's Gardens, which is beautiful nursery and shop.

Haven't shown you any photos of Kailyn lately,  she turned 2 the end
of July, can't believe how fast time's flying by!

Kailyn  with Dad and Mom at her Chucky Cheese birthday party





Kate had her first sonogram at around 15 weeks
and got the exciting news that she was having a little
boy!  We were very excited!
(notice the blue slippers)!


Kate had her second sonogram at her Dr's office about a
month and a half later.
Shocking news, he is a girl! It took us a while to wrap our
heads around that news after thinking of her as a little boy
for almost 2 months!  Back went the little boy cloths and home
came the baby girl cloths!  Can't wait for Kailyn to have that
 special bond that only sisters share!

Mom and Kailyn, halfway there!

 

 
Till next time....
Rebecca
 
This week I'll be partying at:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Welcome back Rebecca! I missed you! Great photos. Congrats on your new granddaughter expected in Dec. I never had a sonogram but everyone told me that I was having boys. I was so happy when I found out they were girls. Your family is beautiful. Hope your daughter's pregnancy is an easy one! Have a wonderful week and welcome back!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Another baby- how exciting for all of you. I can't believe that Kailyn is 2! Time is going by too fast these days. I'm glad that you are enjoying so much time with your girls. I know how you love autumn...this will be a special year for you! Miss you!

Susanna Carter Cline said...

Happy to see you posting again. Miss you.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

It's nice to see you back, Rebecca! I know how busy life is when you're a grandma, and now you'll be twice as busy! Congratulations!! I know you must be having the time of your life with Kailyn. Those babes are truly the best part of getting older.

I have a decorating book that featured Camps and Cottages. How fun to visit the actual shop!

Pamela said...

What a great shop! I love those old pizza oven getters or whatever they are called!;) Your grand baby is just precious.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

I don't know how I missed this post!!?? Anyhoo, congrats on being a grandma again. That Kailyn has certainly grown, hasn't she? I always wanted a sister...but got two brothers. Great photos, I would have loved to bring some of those goodies home with me. Do you have big holiday plans?? I am ready to head your way...it just sounds fun right now.

ETT RÖTT MONOGRAM said...

You have a wonderful family. And the store you visited, there would i like to walk around and look too, lovely things.
Happy weekend and hugs/AM

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Rebecca, Kailyn is such a cutie! Congrats on the news that they are having a boy. The shop looks like a fabulous place. I remember seeing that article in the Cottage magazine. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Leslie Harris said...

wow. I was meant to see this post. I can't wait to head down to Laguna Beach and check out this shop. I haven't had time yet. And a big congrats on the new baby grandson. How exciting for you and the family. Your daughter is beautiful. Thanks for introducing yourself Rebecca, nice to meet you.

ETT RÖTT MONOGRAM said...

Thanks for your comment.
Wish you a happy week
Hugs/AM