Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Yard Sale Furniture

I showed you part 1 of what I'd picked up while yard sailing a couple of weeks ago.  Here's the two furniture pieces that I found.
 
This chest needs a little work but overall it's in pretty good shape.
Price: $20.00
 





 
I got this bookcase at the same place.  The owner said his grandfather built it.
I originally got it for Kailyn's room and planned on painting it white, but, now I'm
having 2nd thoughts.   It's perfect cuz the shelves are big enough for toys and books.  
The 2 drawers would be handy for small things
 
Price: $15.00
 

 
 

 
(Sorry about the color on these last 2 pics.,)
 



 
 

 
 
I got this mantle for $50.00.  I debated getting it cuz it needs some work and it's more then I usually pay for things.   In the end, I couldn't pass it up because of it' wonderful patina.
 I ended up selling it on Craig's list for $115.00
 



 
 

 
 
 
This vintage locker was only $15.00.  If you love rusty and crusty, this one's for you!
If it doesn't sell on Craig's list, ( I've got it listed for $85.00),  I will probably sand it
down and repaint it.
 


 
 

I love the latch, sorry for the blur!
 

 
 
The inside is in pretty good shape except for the bottom shelf,
It's really stained with  paint etc.   
 
 

 
Till next time....
Rebecca

I will be partying here:

Monday
Boogieboard Cottage
Between Naps on the Porch
Alderberry Hill
I should Be Mopping the Floor
The Dedicated House
Creative Cain Cabin
Rain on a Tin Roof
The House in the Roses
Be Colorful
Dwellings
Tuesday
Knick of Time
Cedar Hill Ranch
 Our Delightful Home
Kathe With an E
Elizabeth and Co
Cozy Little House
Coastal Charm
Our Home Away From Home
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Wednesday
The Thrifty Home
The NY Melrose Family
Yellow Bliss Road
No Minimalist Here
Savvy Southern Style
Ivy and Elephants
Momma Hens Coop
Mrs. Hines Class
Beyond the Picket Fence
Time Washed
Southern Lovely
All Things Heart andHome
Thursday
The Brambleberry Cottage
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
From My Front Porch to Yours
Delightful Order
Between Naps on the Porch
The Charm of Home
Beyond the Picket Fence




 


19 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

You have got to be the luckiest junker I know. I LOVE that white chest!!

Jen said...

I love the white chest with the little door--it looks really old. You were right about the mantle. :)
Great finds all around!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love the white chest! I would have pushed you over to get to it first! hehe The mantel is wonderful, too. Good eye!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Will you come shopping with.me? Great finds!!

Blondie's Journal said...

You've really found some great pieces, I never have that kind of luck at garage sales! I love the chest, the little door is very unique.

Thank you so much for your visits...somehow, I think you fell off my blogroll. I am trying to hit "follow" again but it is saying there are Blogger problems and to try again later, which I will. :)

XO,
Jane

Olive said...

Great finds. The mantle was lovely and lockers are hot right now.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Great finds, Rebecca! Loved that mantle.

SewSweetVIntage said...

LOVE yard sales! And, your white chest with the small door:) Unique combination with the door and hardware! Pinned:) Stop by http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/07/vintage-swimwear.html

TheMoonAndMe said...

I apparently need to to garage saling in your neighborhood! Love that chest and mantel. I could use one of those! Score! Too bad I didn't see it on craig's list. :)
Kelly

Katie Mansfield said...

That chest was a steal at $20.00. I want to go junking with you!

Donna Wilkes said...

Wonderful finds at wonderful prices! Love the bookcase with the drawers.

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Fun finds...lucky you :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Rebecca, I love everything you got! The mantle, oh wow! And I love, love that locker. Wish I lived close. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

What great finds. Can't believe people are letting those go for so cheap. Hope you make a bundle on everything.
Liz

Krista Aasen said...

Oh I would love love love to find a mantel like that! I don't think $50 is unreasonable, but I suppose that is because I would really want it:) Great finds!!

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Great deals and great finds! I am so impressed that you sold your 50 mantle for 115. Now that is great profit and more money to keep getting more treasures!

Smiles,
Rachael
The Joyful Thrifter

Unknown said...

Gorgeous chest of drawers! Can't wait to see what you do with all these treasures!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Great finds! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
Blessings,
Cindy

Unknown said...

The white chest are very nice, i love those.I admire the valuable information you offer in your blog.


Backyard furniture

Thanks!
Mathew James