Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Cabinet

My chippy, white cabinet is ready for summer with some of my favorite beachy things decorating it's shelves.  I love the photo of the toddler bathers all lined up in a row.  I got this a few years ago at one of my favorite antique malls in Franklin.   My newest find is the turquoise dump truck that I got at the Nashville flea market last month.  As the seasons change, I think I'll be able to find lots of fun things for it haul!  I got it for $10.00 which I think was a very thrifty find.  For awhile there, I was obsessed with sea shells and started finding lots of them at yard sales for cheap.  For the time being I've managed to overcome that addiction! I think I've got enough.  Is that even possible?  The little Florida plate was a $2.00 yard sale find, loved the colors and gold trim.  Then there are my clocks and little fan,  you always need a clock to know how long you've been in the sun and a fan to cool off with when you come in from that 90 something degree heat!   That my friends, is how I justified using my clocks and fan in my "beachy" cabinet!  The little sailboat in front of the basket says Cedar Key Florida.  I got it on a visit there one summer with my husband's sisters, he has six.  That's where they spent every summer growing up with their Nanny and Aunt.  Their house down there is still in the family.  I've only showed you the top half of the cabinet cuz the bottom 2 shelves haven't been changed, they still have the stacks of ironstone platters that have been there for a while. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 





 
 





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Till next time......
Rebecca
 
 
This week I'll be partying at:
Monday

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the Summer decor! Good deals too! Enjoying your blog :)

Blondie's Journal said...

This is so sweet...all of your happy time mementos! I think shells fit in everywhere and the sailboat and plate and gorgeous fan really give off that summertime vibe!

I love it!

XO,
Jane

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

The truck is adorable... happy summer...

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Love it all, as usual. Are you going to the world's longest yard sale this year?? We are still undecided. Let me know.

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Love it all, but that dump truck is adorable!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Rebecca... that dump truck is positively precious! Have a wonderful weekend!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Woo hoo!! Only $10 for that wonderful old truck? Quite a deal indeed! Yes, everything is looking mighty beachy in your old cupboard. Enjoy the summer, Rebecca!

Beth said...

Wow, that truck was a deal! Good for you! Love all your beachy decor :)

Jen said...

This may be my favorite of your many wonderful displays. So artful and summery. I'm in love the with the truck. And fan and boat and picture...All of it.

Your husband has 6 sisters? Holy cow.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

What fun stuff, Rebecca! I neeeeed that wonderful truck. I never see any.

Babs said...

Your little beachy cabinet is so retro and cute. Love it. Would you believe we have a little clock like that. My husband found it a box of stuff in the shed. The clock had belonged to his dad, who lived in Florida! Guess it got packed away, and we forgot it. Visiting from The Scoop.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Oh my gosh, you found a Florida plate! I love it! I live in Florida and love old Florida stuff. Around here I seem to find plenty of plates from other states, but never Florida. You weathered cabinet is full of wonderful finds and looks super sweet!
Liz

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You love so many of the same things I do! I live in FL and have shells and boats everywhere. I even have the same FL plate! Happy summer!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Looks great! LOVE the truck with the shell :)

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Such a fun post. Like you, I enjoy changing things out for the seasons. I really like your idea of adding different items to the dump truck that will reflect the holidays and different times of the year. Thanks for sharing on Becolorful
p

Unknown said...

What beautiful staging - I WANT THAT TRUCK !!!!!!!!!
XOXO

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Love you vintage book shelf styling and featured it tonight on my blog! http://bit.ly/13icVQK

Thanks for linking to Whimsy Wednesday!
Susan

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my gosh, love the truck! Clever to have it hauling a big shell. The clocks and fan are great for summer. I thought about using clocks on my mantle for summer TIME. Didn't end up doing it, but clocks are just fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Alyson | New England Living said...

Very cute! Such a great summer feel!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Rebecca, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC later today.
hugs,
Jann

Pamela said...

Such a great vignette! Thanx for sharing it at THT!

Alicia said...

CUANTAS COSAS PECIOSAS!!!
SALUDITOS