Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Visiting New England

I can't believe how fast time is flying by, it's March already which means Spring is on the way!!  This weather in TN has been crazy, warm, cold, freezing, you just never know!  It's been a while since I've posted, I'm going to try to do better!  I recently joined instagram and have been having a lot of fun, it's a lot easier then blogging, just one little photo at a time.  There is a lot of inspiration, I've found so many great people and beautiful décor photos.  I also really enjoy following people in the show jumping world  and polo worlds.  One of my favorites is the New England sites, such beautiful photos, makes me think back on my trip 2 years ago in April. It was a dream trip, one I always wanted to do! So, here are some photos that I never posted, some of Plymouth and some random.


Loved this cute Inn sign

 
 
I really enjoyed Plymouth, we spent the night and toured
a couple of the historic places  there
 
 
 
This was our favorite restaurant in Plymouth! They
had the best breakfasts and the plates were huge!
 
 
 
After stuffing ourselves at the above restaurant, we visited the historic
Plymouth settlement.  This was not on my list of fun things to do, but
my sister had promised her 1st grade class she would go and report back
what it was like. Getting to the actual settlement site was something else!
You had to walk up about a 100 miles of  sloping steps (not really but 
it sure felt like it) to get out to the end of the peninsula where the town was built.
 
 
This lady and her adorable baby greeted us when we arrived. 
Everyone is in period dress and stay in character no matter what which
makes it fun.
 
 
 
 
 
The main street of the settlement
 
 
 
This was what the houses they lived in looked like.
It was amazing once you went inside how small they
were.  I couldn't get a photo to the inside because they
were so dark.  They were only about as big as my living room!
 Hard to believe that whole families lived in these tiny places!
 
 
 
This is their fire wood stack, it was taller then me and
they stacked it so that it was round, pretty amazing!
 
 
 
This was the only photo I got of the inside of one
of the houses with my sister and the "Pilgrim" who lived there
 
 
 
This is the main barn
 
 
 
I'm ending my tour of Plymouth settlement with a photo of
one of the bulls.  It was so fun, I'd highly recommend that if
you're ever in Plymouth, it's worth visiting!  They also have a
fabulous gift shop with lots of great stuff, can't turn down a
a chance to shop, right!
 
 
 
This is a replica of one of the 3 ships the Pilgrim's came
over from England on.  ( Sorry, it's been so long
I can't remember which one It is)!
 
 
 
 
 
 
The "Rock"
What do you think?
 
 
 
This is my Plymouth settlement story which cracked up me and my sister!
After my sister and I made the long trek out to the settlement, we went
into the first house.  As I walked into the dark space, there was
a bed facing the door.  I turned to my sister and said "thank goodness,
after that HIKE, I need to lay down!  Then a voice from the other side of
the room said, "I don't think his wife would like that"!  We burst out laughing,
there was a Pilgrim couple sitting on the other side of the room in front of the fire.
Pretty quick come back from Mrs. Pilgrim!
 
 
Here are some of the gorgeous house that we came across on our trip.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Look at this "fixer upper"  wouldn't it be fabulous
renovated?  There were actually people living in it!

 
 
 
Till next time.....
Rebecca
 
 

 

  

7 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

It sounds like you and your sister had a blast traveling together, Rebecca! That baby all bundled up in fur is just adorable. And the homes you featured are pure eye candy!

I did follow a few on Instagram, but then signed off. I don't have a phone to post photos, so I didn't really feel connected. Someday.......

Nice to see a blog post from you!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love this post, Rebecca! I've been to various places in New England, but Plymouth is on my list. Wow, the baby and the way she's dressed is amazing. I know she was warm! I enjoyed the pics of the homes. So much history everywhere. My hubby would love it. Maybe someday!

Jane x

liza said...

nice post

essay best said...

Wow, it always makes me happy when I read about people traveling and exploring new places. You along with your sister seems to have really good time. Thank you for sharing your moments with us

المثالية للتنظيف said...


نقدم لكم الحل الامثل للحصول علي خدمات تنظيف مثالية للمنزل بجميع اركانة اي نظافة شاملة للجدران والارضيات والاسقف والاثاث والمفروشات باسعار مناسبة وبجودة فائقة لا تجدونها الا مع شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل تواصلوا معنا من اجل الحصول علي خدمات المثالية بالجبيل

شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل

Lilian Wale said...

There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, GOUT, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

Argalon said...

"Are you looking for Leolist North Battleford? We have the best alternative of Leolist North Battleford here on https://north-battleford.xgirl.ca/
Visit north-battleford.xgirl.ca today and find the best results related to Leolist North Battleford." North Battleford