Thursday, June 25, 2015

Bar Harbor Maine



I can't believe I'm just now getting around to doing another post about my girl's trip with my sister in  April of 2014!  Does that make me a slacker or just busy, I'm voting for the latter!  Taking care of our little Sara Kate everyday does put a bit of a crimp in my style but we're having a blast. It was quite challenging or is the word I'm looking for, EXHAUSTING in the beginning but we've got it together, our routine is down, napping at the same time, eating at the same time, (me not as much as her or I'd weigh 500 lbs by now)!  She's growing like a weed, 6mos old already, still always happy, always smiling and busy as a little bee! She's scooting around, almost crawling and almost sitting up. Won't be long and I'll be chasing her around the house, I hear that's good for the waistline!
  Today I'm going to take you to Bar Harbor Maine, one of my favorite parts of the trip.  It was so beautiful there, but then all New England is amazingly gorgeous.  We stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn, a place that was a popular destination back in the day with many famous movie stars.  It was quite beautiful, had an amazing restaurant and views of the bay.  Since the "season" didn't start for another week and a half, we got a great rate.  May 1st is when everything opens for the summer up there and the prices radically change.  We made our way eating and shopping down the main street of town and loved every minute of it!  I'll try to get more photos of other parts to the trip soon!  We hit Plymouth and some other great places I can't wait to show you!  Even though I'm not posting as regularly as I used to, I still try to get on and keep up with all you guys and I will try to do better at posting!
 
We passed this Inn on the way into town, and you know I had to take a photo! There are really quite a few giant moose statues in New England but then again, can you ever have enough GIANT MOOSE?
 
 

 
 
This is my sister standing next to our favorite Giant Moose just to give
you and idea how big it really was!
 
 
 
 
 
The next photos are of the Bar Harbor Inn
 
 
 
 
 
Rooms over looking the bay
 
 
 
My sister, Sandy by the bay.  Even though it was still overcast and
cool most of our trip, it was still beautiful
 
 
 
View of the bay from the Inn
 
 
 
 
 
Looking down from the top of the main street in Bar Harbor
 
 
 
As you can imagine, there were lots of cute restaurants 
 
 
 
Now that's a giant lobster!
 
 
 
This is where we went for a snack the first night we got there
 
 
 
 
This is what my sister had, sorry, don't remember what it was
but it was wonderful!
 
 
 
This is what I had.  When ever we ate, my sister pushed me to try
new things as I'm not a very adventurous eater.  It was soooo good!
Unfortunately, it's been so long, I don't remember what it all was, just that
I enjoyed every bite of everything!
 
 
 
I had this for desert, yummmmm!
 
 
 
These next photos are of some of the other cute restaurants
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here are a couple of the houses that were close to downtown
 
 
 
 
We loved Bar Harbor and had a great time there!  I've still got a lot of photos
from other parts of our trip, hope to get some more posts soon!
 
 
Till next time.......
Rebecca
 
 

5 comments:

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Looks like tons of fun! Great "sister time"...lucky you :)

ETT RÖTT MONOGRAM said...

Wonderful photos from Bar Harbor
Happy weekend
Hugs and love
AnnaMaria

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a gorgeous place to visit and spend quality time with your sis! And you are a wonderful (and lucky) mom and grandma to watch that sweet babe every day. Those kiddos are tiring, but worth every minute you get to spend with them. Thanks for sharing your photos and enjoy the rest of the summer!!
Vickie

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Rebecca... Great photos of Bar Harbour!! I put it on our "must visit" list for the summer. If you come back East and visit Boston, please let me know. Have a wonderful weekend!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh Wow, Rebecca, I would have gone in an instant. What a dream come true. So glad you got to go...I'm a bit jealous.